Customizable Planisphere - Home
Generate two PDF files, one at a time, using the exact same settings in the form.
One file is a star chart, and the other is a transparency.
The default form shows a working example. Overwrite it with your own values.
- print the generated PDF files on a high-resolution printer (you may need to use a commercial print shop for best results).
the starchart.pdf file on card stock (thick paper). One page, double-sided.
- print the
transparency.pdf file on a transparency. One page, single-sided.
3. Cut, puncture, and attach
- make the star chart square, by cutting the star chart along the indicated horizontal lines above and below the star chart.
- make the transparency circular, by cutting just outside the outermost circular border
- carefully puncture with a needle the transparency and the start chart, using the affordances at the position of the celestial pole.
Do them separately.
Use a needle to make the initial holes, and widen them carefully. It's important to be as precise as possible!
- attach the transparency to the star chart using a pin, rivet, or something similar.
The outermost circular borders need to line up as precisely as possible.
See the main documentation for further information.